Why an iPad?
Below are some reasons why iPads have been selected for use at St Mary's College:
- iPads allow ‘instant on’ for the spontaneous teaching moments
- iPads battery life is 10 hours
- There are MANY educational 'Apps' on offer that create engaging learning for students
- iPads are light, portable and easy to hide in a school bag
- Heavy schoolbooks can be replaced by eBooks. Documents and tasks can be uploaded to iBooks by the teacher and downloaded onto the iPad by the student. Texts and documents can be annotated and commented on by students and teachers
- The iPad is seen to be an intuitive device and minimal technical support and knowledge is required
- The use of a touch device links with Boys' Education and their kinaesthetic approach to learning
- The vast array of Accessibility features and assistive technologies of the iPad allow for all students to be engaged
- The touch interface correlates to the technology students use in their everyday life and allows a high level of interactivity
- Most importantly, iPad's are a prime tool for learning and Apple are dedicated to enhancing the educational market.